Letting Terms and Conditions
Booking procedure and payments:
Bookings are made by contacting our booking agents on:
Tel: 032 586 3853/54 (Office) or
Cell: 079 753 8579 (Lara Hamilton-Potts) or
Cell: 074 584 6999 (Marion Holland)
Once you have decided on your preferred accommodation, the booking can be confirmed by means of a 50% deposit of the full rental amount. The balance (50% PLUS 20% breakage/key deposit = 70%) is payable six weeks prior to occupation. If the booking is made within six weeks of your arrival date, the full amount (120%) is due and payable. Payments can be made by EFT or credit card. The cost to yourself depends on the way you elect to pay. No additional costs are incurred if you pay by EFT. If you pay by means of a MASTER CARD or VISA credit card, a finance fee will be incurred and will be deducted from your Breakage/Key deposit. If you pay by means of CASH deposit, any deposit fees incurred will be deducted from your Breakage/Key deposit. Any Foreign Funds Transfer also incurs Banking Fees, which will be deducted from your Breakage/Key deposit.
Breakage/key deposits are refunded subject to inspection by the Service Provider or Home Owner. Once verification has been confirmed, the breakage/key deposits will be refunded via EFT within ten working days of departure. We regret that no cheques will be accepted
- A cancellation fee of 15% of the total gross rental amount, subject to a minimum cancellation fee of R1,000, will be levied if the booking is cancelled six weeks prior to the anticipated arrival date..
- A cancellation fee of 50% of the total rental amount will be levied if the booking is cancelled between two to six weeks prior to the anticipated arrival date.
- A cancellation fee of 100% of the total rental amount will be levied if the booking is cancelled less than two weeks prior to the anticipated arrival date. Partial refunds may apply, depending on the ability to re-let for the applicable period at a similar rate.
- Rental is due for the period booked and no refunds will be permitted, should departure occur at an earlier date for any reason whatsoever, or if a NO show should occur.
General Zimbali Conditions:
- Guests and residents must adhere to a speed limit of 25 km/h or 40km/h as indicated within the estate at all times.
- Only two access discs are permitted per property.
- No tailgating is permitted. This will result in a hefty fine. Access discs are activated specifically for designated booms within the area where your rental property is located and not specifically for the entire estate. Tailgating through ‘illegal’ booms will result in a fine.
- Only two cars are permitted per property.
- Any one access disc may only be used for one car or one golf cart.
- Music and noise must be un-obtrusive and contained within reasonable levels so as not to create a disturbance or nuisance to fellow residents.
- The Zimbali Estate Management Association does not permit the presence of dogs or cats on the estate. The many bushbuck and duiker you are likely to encounter are sensitive and domestic animals are therefore strictly not permitted within the estate.
- No person shall take any fish, live bait or crustaceans from any dam or lake within the estate.
- No person under 18 years of age shall be permitted to operate a golf cart. Persons operating a cart are to be in possession of a valid driver’s licence.
- Should for any reason whatsoever the complimentary golf cart not be functional, there will be no reduction in the rate or compensation thereof unless the golf cart is hired separately, under which circumstances a refund may be applicable from the supplier.
- Negligent use of the golf cart can result in the golf cart being confiscated.
- Guests shall notify ZimbaliHOMES within 24 hours after the date of arrival of any defects in the premises (including the golf cart if applicable) and shall be deemed to have acknowledged that the premises (and the golf cart) were received in good order and working condition, in the absence of any communication received to the contrary within the time frame provided for.
- The Guests shall keep the Premises and its contents (including the golf cart if applicable) in a similar condition as they were on the date of arrival and shall return the premises and the contents in the same good order and condition on the date of departure. Costs incurred in repairing any damage to the premises (including the golf cart) and/or the contents, shall be paid for by the guest.
- Fireworks are banned at all times.
- The use of the specific body corporate or communal Zimbali swimming pools must be in such a way so as not to create an unreasonable nuisance or disturbance to others.
- Self-catering holiday rental guests have access to all of the Zimbali Coastal Resort residents swimming pools. However, the Fairmont hotel swimming pools are reserved for paying Fairmont hotel guests.
- Rental guests are not permitted visitors.
- Linen and bath towels are typically changed every 4th day. (in the absence of a special instruction from the home owner). If there is a special request to change these more often, there will be an additional charge and this should be settled directly with the cleaning company assigned to that property. The cleaning service provided to the property is for a 4 hour clean during the course of the day. Personal laundry services are not included in the cleaning service. The properties are provided as self-catering opportunities.
- Should there be an interruption to municipal services, i.e. water and electricity, ZimbaliHOMES or the Landlord is NOT responsible and cannot be held accountable for these interruptions and NO refunds will be given, based on the interruption of these municipal services.
- The maximum number of persons [including children] occupying the unit shall not exceed the number of beds. In the event of overcrowding the allocated access discs will be cancelled prohibiting access onto the estate.
- No extra mattresses are allowed.
- ZimbaliHOMES reserves the right to substitute similar accommodation should the unit reserved not be available.
- ZimbaliHOMES or Landlord shall not be held responsible for any loss, injury or damage howsoever caused during your stay on the estate.
- Check in time is from 14h00 onwards.
- Check out time is at 10h00. Check out after 10h00 can only permitted by prior written approval. Additional charges will be levied for late check-outs.
- Keys and access discs are to be collected from the Zimbali Estate Management Association (ZEMA) Welcome Centre, which is located at the Northgate Suites opposite the Zimbali North Gate.
- All keys, garage remotes and the two security access discs are to be returned to the ZEMA Welcome Centre on departure.
- All windows and doors of the rented premises are to be secured on departure.
- All air conditioners, appliances and lights are to be switched off on departure.
- All ZimbaliHOMES rental properties are strictly non-smoking premises.
- On departure, PLEASE ensure that the property is locked and secure. All windows, sliding doors and entrance doors must be locked and closed. ZimbaliHOMES cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to the property due to negligence with regard to this.
- NOTE: Speed traps (and potential fines for transgression) are a regular occurrence on the estate. If, in the unlikely event, you are issued with a fine, this amount should be paid at the Zema offices prior to departure. Any unpaid fines or other costs incurred by guests while in residence will be deducted from the breakage deposit held.
- NOTE: Pool or beach towels are not provided and guests are requested to remember to supply their own.
- NOTE: MONKEYS CAN BE A PROBLEM. Please do NOT feed the monkeys. As a precaution, we suggest that you close all windows and doors when leaving the property for whatever reason, even just for a short outing.